Social Science Research Network (SSRN) is a collaborative research network for distributing social science research results from scholars around the world in a number of specialized research networks. You may subscribe to any individual papers and e-journals within the specialized research networks to receive email alerts when papers and e-journals latest research from the world’s foremost researchers.
The Library subscribes to the following specialized research networks:
- Accounting Research Network
- Economics Research Network
- Financial Economics Network
- Corporate Governance Network
- Humanity Network (including Classics, Literature, Music & Composition, Philosophy and Rhetoric & Communication)
- Legal Scholarship Network
- Management Research Network
Who may subscribe to SSRN?
HSUHK students and faculty members
How to subscribe to SSRN?
(a) To acquire USER ID and PASSWORD
- Go to www.ssrn.com
- In upper left hand corner, click “Free Registration” and follow the instructions
- At the right box for new members, input your email address (email address should be email@example.com)
- Fill in the required information and click “Create Account”
- You will receive an email from SSRN with the verification link to activate your SSRN account
- Enter your User ID and Password to login. The User ID is your email address (email address should be firstname.lastname@example.org)
(b) To join The Hang Seng University of Hong Kong site subscription
- Go to hq.ssrn.com and enter User ID and Password
- Select “Subscriptions” from menu choices column on the left side of the screen
- On Journal Subscription Manager page, scroll down to the bottom of the page and click the “JOIN” button
- Enter Hang Seng Management College in the “Search Criteria” box and click “Search”
- Click “Join”
- Check the box associated with the available SSRN Network you would like to join and click “Submit”
- Click “Close” and you will be returned to your Journal Subscription Manager page
(c) To select e-journals
- All Networks that available to you will be shown with a check mark in the adjoining box
- In the Network box, click on “Click here”
- Next to the name of the network (highlighted in yellow) click “Expand All”
- Select the e-journals you wish to receive by checking the box next to each e-journal’s title
- For additional Network choices, select from the list at the top of the page, and repeat steps 3 and 4.