What is RefWorks
RefWorks is a web-based bibliographic management tool to organize your references and citations. It enables you to build your own library of references/bibliographies so that you can export citations and format reference lists in a variety of citation style, including APA, MLA, Harvard and Chicago, in your assignments /papers.
All HSMC students and staff
Functions of RefWorks
- Import references directly from various databases and SearchPlus to build up your own library of bibliographies and citations
- Generate and format reference/bibliography lists in a variety of citation style, including APA, MLA, Harvard and Chicago in seconds
- Manage and organize references into folders for different research topics/projects in your RefWorks library
- Export references and citations from your RefWorks library into your assignments/papers (with the use of Write-N-Cite)
- Access your RefWorks library anytime with web-connected computer by login into your RefWorks account
Register and Login to your RefWorks Account
You have to register for a personal RefWorks account at the RefWorks Login page.
For first time user, click “Sign up for a New Account” button to register an account.
You have to connect VPN and register with your HSMC email account.
Write-N-Cite to export references in your assignments/papers
With Write-N-Cite, you are able to export citation and format references list from your RefWorks library in your assignments/papers for Microsoft Word format.
Steps to download and install Write-N-Cite at your PC:
1. Login to your personal RefWorks account
2. Select “Write-N-Cite” from the “Tools” drop-down menu bar.
3. Download and install the appropriate version of Write-N-Cite for your PC (Windows / Mac).
Please read RefWorks Write-N-Cite 4: Installing & Logging In.
More Resources on RefWorks
Click here for more resources on RefWorks