What is RefWorks
RefWorks is a web-based bibliographic management tool to organize your references and citations. It enables you to build your own library of references/bibliographies so that you can export citations and format reference lists in a variety of citation style, including APA, MLA, Harvard and Chicago, in your assignments /papers.
All HSMC students and faculty members
Functions of RefWorks
- Import references directly from various databases and SearchPlus to build up your own library of bibliographies and citations
- Generate and format reference/bibliography lists in a variety of citation style, including APA, MLA, Harvard and Chicago in seconds
- Manage and organize references into folders for different research topics/projects in your RefWorks library
- Export references and citations from your RefWorks library into your assignments/papers (with the use of Write-N-Cite)
- Access your RefWorks library anytime with web-connected computer by login into your RefWorks account
Register and Login to your RefWorks Account
You have to register for a personal RefWorks account at the RefWorks Login page.
For first time user, click “Sign up for a New Account” button to register an account.
Notes on Registration
1: If you register RefWorks out of campus without connecting to VPN, you will be asked to enter the RefWorks Group Code (get it via email firstname.lastname@example.org). Then click “Find Institution” and select Hang Seng Management College before filling the other parts of the registration form.
2: You have to register with your HSMC email account.
For existing user, click the “Log in RefWorks” button to login to your personal RefWorks account. (you are not required to fill in Group code for remote access).
Watch the Register and Login to RefWorks Account Video.
Please read Use RefWorksfor more detailed information on the use of the platform.
Last Update: 9 November 2015