Group Discussion Rooms of various sizes on the G/F and 1/F of the Library are available for booking. Equipped with facilities such as LED monitors and PCs, these rooms are ideal for collaborative study, group discussions and presentation preparation.
Postgraduate Study Room (A113), located on the 1/F of the Library, is available for booking. The room is equipped with PC, LED TV and movable whiteboard. Booking priority is given to postgraduate students for research collaborations, group discussions and research seminar preparation.
Group Viewing Room, located on the 2/F of the Library, is available for group viewing to multi-media resources. The room is equipped with 42″ LED TV, Blu-ray disc player (compatible with DVD, VCD and Audio CD) and comfortable sofa.
All HSMC students
Room Booking Regulations and Use Policy [Click Here to Book]
- Group Discussion Rooms are for a minimum of 2 eligible users and a maximum of 6 – 8 users depending on the size of the room
- Postgraduate Study Room: a minimum of 2 eligible users and a maximum of 8 – 10 users
- Booking should be made via the Campus Room Booking System
- Booking must be made by users with valid HSMC student/staff ID cards
- Based on a unit of 30 minute session, which starts on 15 minute and 45 minute of each hour (e.g. 10:15 and 10:45)
|For Undergraduate Student:||Booking can be made 1 day in advance for Group Discussion Rooms / Postgraduate Study Room (A113) / Group Viewing Room. The maximum number of time slots that can be booked up to 2 hours within 1 day.|
|For Postgraduate Student:||Booking can be made 5 days in advance for Postgraduate Study Room (A113). The maximum number of time slots that can be booked up to 4 hours within 1 day. Booking can be made 1 day in advance for Group Discussion Rooms / Group Viewing Room. The maximum number of time slots that can be booked up to 2 hours within 1 day.|
- Users should claim their bookings with their HSMC ID cards via the Campus Room Booking System located at the Library Service Counter on each floor
- Any room that is not claimed 15 minutes after the booking time will be made available to other users
- Rooms that are not reserved will be made available on a first-come-first-served basis
- By confirming the reservation, users agree that the room will be used by a group of 2 or more users
- The Library reserves the right to ask a single occupant with or without confirmed reservations to vacate a room immediately for a group of 2 or more persons
- The Library is not responsible for the security of personal belongings. Any items left unattended in the rooms at the end of reservation period shall be removed and placed with the Library’s lost and found items
Last Update: 19 August 2016